Thursday, April 28, 2011

Great to see old friends.


Some of the motley crew

I’m not the type to do much reminiscing, and for that reason I think my long term memory is affected for the worse but one thing I love to do when back in the old dart is to catch up with old friends. 'Old' now being the operative word as when we look in the mirror or see friends you have not seen in years the horrible truth is revealed! Some of us look youthful, although I cannot put myself in this category as the sun has done its damage on me, but others (Karl, Michael and Vince, they are doing pretty good. Thought I would mention Vince just to help with his low self esteem!!!!
 

Paddy has been a mate for over 30 years
The reason I enjoy it so much is because things really don’t change as far as friendship is concerned as you have so much history from when you were the most “loose”. Those years between 10 and 20 when most of the dumb things you say or do will generally happen, makes for very happy memories to again share. The catch-up with a lot of my school pals was fantastic as we appeared one by one at a local pub and before you knew it we had about 15 of us plus spouses. A couple of us (Steve Wood and family and our family all now in Aus) and Steve Reed from America who by chance were all holidaying at the same time back to our old stomping grounds. Great as always to see the Larches, Gambo, Paddy, Smithy, Trumper, Johnny and Dave West, Alex Byron, Matt Swan, Lee Hardy,  and the rest of the crew.



One of the finest by Woodsy


Karl and Mel, still in love, Ahhhh
I had promised Lee that we would only stay till 11 but as 12 came I saw the face that said let's go or I will, so with that we bid our farewells for another few years, latter to be told that they had finished at 5 in the morning.
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment