Monday, September 5, 2011

Fathers Day in Panama.

I had once ribbed my good friend Tom Palmer over a hat he wore whilst playing golf and he was incensed about my reaction to it as it was expensive and something to behold. I never really got it but while shopping in Croatia for a hat I donned a Panama hat and was astounded at how snug, light and wearable it was. I was quite taken with it and admired my reflection for some time while coming to grips with the price. Lee, who really does not like me in any hat as a rule, thought it quite nice and offered it as a Fathers Day present for the next day as the girls were at a loss as to what to get. So a deal was done, (never paying retail and using Aussie Dollars) and I am now living in the shade of a 'Panama'.

This Blog is for you Tom, the confessions of a traveller, as I now realise that your Panama hat was too, very stylish! (I still look better though)

'The Panama' made in Ecuador and made famous by Theodore Roosevelt
on his visit to the Panama Canal in 1906 and Thomas Palmer on the golf course in 2009
 Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment