Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ha Long Bay.

On Wednesday we all went to Halong Bay.We got there by a bus it took about 3 hours from Hanoi. When we finally got there we went straight on to the Calypso Junk.
www.luxuryhalongbaycruise.com/Calypso-Cruise
We were very lucky to have 1 night on this beautiful boat.

I was also lucky to share a cabin with my extreeemly loverly, beautiful ,delightfull, joyfull and most generroues of every thing  espesially beds and space, sister Charlottie. 



When we got going we all went on the top deck of the Junk and saw thousands of beautiful lime stone islands  jutting out of the sea.  Everyone sat on the deck while I read the Lonely Planet Guide about Halong Bay. There are 1969 karst islands in Halong Bay. The words Ha Long means descending dragon and the bay is a World Heritage listed area.


After that we took kayaks into the middle of a group of joining karst islands. The first thing we saw was heaps of monkeys. They were everywhere. They jumped off rocks swinging upside down in trees. I wanted to go join them. They were  having too much fun. 




The way we got into  the hidden lagoon was  by paddling into a little cave  and when the tide goes up you can’t get in or out.
That night after dinner, we went squid fishing off the side of the boat. I was really determined that I was going to catch a squid. You get a long piece of bamboo with a bit of string tied to the end and a little plastic fish with a hook on it. You hang the hook just in the water under the lantern light and jiggle it up and down for a long time. Eventually when you see a squid you try and hook it.
When I saw a squid, I put the hook down low and then jerked it up and caught it. When I lifted it out of the water, I screamed and dropped everything and ran up stairs. Charlotte screamed to but she tried to get it but Gail got it in the end but dad let it go. There was so much screaming mum didn't get a photo, she was freaked out and ran away with me.
The next day we went to a cave which was the biggest cave I have ever been in. There were lots of stalactites and stalactmites that had been growing for thousands of years.


By Pirate Maisy

No comments:

Post a Comment