Saturday, May 28, 2011

Why we love staying at Gray’s Cottage.


I ♥ cottage life and the solitude of being tucked away from civilization. P


I ♥ walking down to the beach and seeing all the seals and trying to find the otter at the waterfall. C

I ♥ smelling the gorse when I walk in the Highlands. L
                                              
I ♥ having the horses in the paddock next to us. M


I ♥ waving at the train as it passes 8 times a day. M and C

I ♥ holding and shooting the .22 air rifle. M

I ♥d being a princess of Dunrobin Castle for a day. C
                                                    
I ♥ helping dad make the fire every day. M


We ♥ sleeping in until the first train wakes me up at 8:20am. PLCM


I ♥ the best fish and chips in the world at Helmsdale. P
                                                            
I ♥ single malt whiskey. L and P. Definitely not C and secretly M.
                                                 
I ♥ baking in Grandma's kitchen. C

I ♥ watching the birds at the bird feeder. L
I ♥ William Wallace and Brave Heart. PLCM
"It's all for nothing if you don't have freedom."

I ♥ seeing the flowers change from the dying daffs to the bluebells opening and the rhododendrums about to bloom. L

I ♥ spotting the stag up at Loch Brora. P

I ♥ the fresh Atlantic salmon from the fishmongers at Golspie. L

I ♥ running in the huge garden. M

I ♥ making a fire on the beach and cooking sausages for dinner. PLCM


We all loved staying at Gray's Cottage for 3 weeks. It was just what we needed. Beautiful, peaceful and good for the soul. Hugs and kisses to Grandma Pat and Grandpa John. xxxx PLCM

No comments:

Post a Comment